This article has been reposted from newsshooter.com.
The new ATEM Mini Extreme
Blackmagic Design today announced the ATEM Mini Extreme, a new larger model of the ATEM Mini live production switcher. The new model features 8 inputs, 4 ATEM Advanced Chroma Keyers, a total of 6 independent DVEs, 2 media players, 2 downstream keyers, 16-way multiview, 2 USB connections and multiple HDMI aux outputs. There is also a new ATEM Mini Extreme ISO model which includes all these powerful features plus a more powerful recording engine that can record all 8 inputs plus the program for a total of 9 streams of recording.
ATEM Mini Pro and ATEM Mini Extreme models have a built in hardware streaming engine for live streaming via their ethernet connections. That means you can live stream to YouTube, Facebook and Twitch in better quality, without dropped frames and with simpler settings.
Direct input for iPhone and Android
The ATEM Mini Pro and Extreme models support connecting an Apple or Android phone to the USB port to use mobile data. It can also be used as a backup for the main Ethernet connection. The ATEM switcher will automatically detect when a phone is connected and switch its internet connection to use it, eliminating the need for changing settings.
With two independent 3.5mm stereo audio inputs, you can connect desktop and lapel microphones. With 2 extra stereo audio inputs, customers can ensure a host and guest both have lapel microphones when doing interviews. Plus all models feature a Fairlight audio mixer with all HDMI inputs and both microphone inputs are all connected to the audio mixer so customers can live mix from all audio sources. The ATEM Mini Extreme also adds a headphone output.
– Features miniaturized control panel based design.
– Supports connecting up to 8 cameras or computers.
– Supports streaming via Ethernet or tethered phones via USB.
– Tethers to 5G or 4G phones for mobile remote streaming.
– Records to USB flash disks in H.264.
– Two stereo audio inputs for connecting desktop or lapel microphones.
– Automatically standards converts and re-syncs all HDMI inputs.
– Includes free ATEM Software Control for Mac and Windows.
– Internal media for 20 RGBA graphics for titles, opening plates and logos.
– 4 upstream ATEM Advanced Chroma keyers for green/blue screen work.
– 2 independent DVEs plus SuperSource with 4 extra DVEs.
– 16 way multiview for monitoring all cameras, recording and streaming status.
The front panel includes easy to use buttons for selecting sources, video effects and transitions. The source buttons are large so it’s possible to use it by feel. It also includes buttons for audio mixing. On the rear panel there are HDMI connections for cameras or computers, extra microphone inputs, USB for webcam out plus an HDMI “aux” output for program video.
The ATEM Software Control app allows access to every feature in the switcher. ATEM Software Control features a visual switcher user interface with parameter palettes for making quick adjustments.
The built in “media pool” allows the loading of up to 20 separate broadcast quality RGBA graphics for titles, opening plates and logos. You can even use still frames for complex effects such as graphic wipes.
If you’re interested in enhancing your live streaming experience, give us a call today!